EWH European Championships 2012 Group Draw
The official draw for playing groups A and B for the IWAS Electric Wheelchair Hockey European Championships 2012 took place on Saturday 10 December 2011 in St.Gallen during the Floorball World Championship for Women in Switzerland.
The official draw for the IEWH European Championships 2012 took place on Saturday 10 December 2011 in St.Gallen during the World Championship Floorball for Women in Switzerland.
A demonstration game was played by the Swiss EWH athletes during the first intermission of the Floorball semi-final. There were 3000 spectators cheering for the demonstration game’s goal.
The draw took place at the IFF (International Floorball Federation) 25th Anniversary. Mrs. Anja Wouters, representative of the IWAS/ICEWH, congratulated the IFF with its 25th anniversary and the recognition of IFF by the IOC. She indicated to the Floorball representatives of many nations that the cooperation with IFF has started one year ago and is becoming very fruitful. She thanked IFF for its efforts in ParaFloorball sports and invited IFF to increase the cooperation in the future.
For the drawing Mrs. Wouters invited the following persons to take one ball each:
– Harri Lindblom, representative of the Organising Committee of EWH-EC2012.
– Merita Bruun, ParaFloorball coordinator IFF.
– Frank Habersatter, organizer EWH demo and main steering person for the development of the EWH sport in Switzerland.
– Edwin Wiedmer, President of the Organising Committee of the Floorball World Championship for women and president of Floorball Schweiz.
– Raphael Bachmann, Captain of the Swiss EWH National Team.
– Marianne Muuri, Floorball player of USA Team.
The division into group A and group B is :
A: Netherlands, Belgium, Denmark, Switzerland
B: Germany, Italy, Finland, Slovenia
More information and pictures can be seen by clicking here