IWAS Cup for Powerchair Hockey to take place during the IWAS World Junior Games 2015
In a bid to showcase the sport to a new audience the first ever IWAS Cup will take place in Stadskanaal in July
IWAS and the Sports Executive Committee for Powerchair Hockey is pleased to announce that the first ever IWAS Cup for the sport will take this summer during the IWAS World Junior Games 2015 in Stadskanaal, the Netherlands.
In a bid to showcase the growing and dynamic sport to a new audience this opportunity provides an exciting opportunity for two teams to compete at an official level. Not only will it offer a great potential to find new national teams in countries where the sport is unknown or underdeveloped but also the possibility to attract new players to current teams.
The official invitations have now been sent to all IWAS Member nations which are active within the sport.
- Will be hosted during IWAS Junior World Games 2015 in Stadskanaal, the Netherlands from 3 – 6 July 2015
- Demonstration and the possibility to train for a maximum of two nations
- A team delegation exists of a maximum of 26 persons
- A maximum of 10 players can be part of the team delegation
- Matches are played by the official rules and regulations for PCH, including classification
- The participation fee is set on € 330 = for every member of the team delegation (€100 per day if team would like to extend their stay)
- The participation fee includes accommodation, breakfast, lunch and dinner for 3 days/nights, capitation fee and transport to/from the airport.
- Interested nations need to respond before April 20, 2015
- IWAS will allocate the first two nations to respond latest on May 1, 2015
- 30% of the participation fee must be transferred before May 15, 2015 after allocation
- 100% of the participation fee must be transferred before June 15, 2015 after allocation
- All entries need to be be received via the IWAS member organisation in your country (click here for details)
For more details please downloads the documents below.