Photos wanted from Winter Paralympics Games 1976 – 1988
Dr Ian Brittain is preparing a new version of his Paralympic history book From Stoke Mandeville to Stratford: A history of the summer Paralympic Games to include the winter Paralympic Games.
Dr Ian Brittain is preparing a new version of his Paralympic history book From Stoke Mandeville to Stratford: A history of the summer Paralympic Games to include the winter Paralympic Games. The new book will be called From Stoke Mandeville to Sochi: A history of the summer and winter Paralympic Games. However, he is currently finding it very difficult to obtain photographic images from the first four winter Games – Örnsköldsvik (1976), Geilo (1980) and Innsbruck (1984 & 1988). If anyone has photographs that they are willing to let him use please contact him direct at [email protected]. Please be aware that you must own the copyright to the photos (ie took them yourself). He needs about 5-6 varied images from each Games. Anyone providing photos will be acknowledged fully in the book.
In addition can anyone answer the following questions or provide the following regarding the winter Games:
- The name of the individual who took the athlete’s oath in Innsbruck 1984
- A colour image of the logo for Innsbruck 1988 (Not the poster – just the logo used on stickers, programmes, results etc)
- The name of the individual who took the Official’s oath in Lillehammer 1994
- An image of the Games poster from Torino 2006
- A winners medal image (both sides)Salt Lake 2002 and Vancouver 2010
Many thanks in advance for any and all assistance in this matter!