Russian NPC host annual awards and open new purpose built offices
IWAS president Paul DePace attends to sign the contract for World Games that will take place in Sochi next year
3 December, Moscow – The Russian Paralympic Committee hosted the annual IX Return to Life Award Ceremony, honoring outstanding achievements of Russian athletes, coaches, medical and support staff as well as other contributes to the success of Russian National Team at the major international competitions in 2014.
The Awards will be given:
- “Standing Point” – Alexander Nazarov, head coach of Russian National Alpine Skiing Team and Valery Redkozubov, 2-times Paralympic champion in Alspine Skiing
- “Life is a Life” – Abdula Kuramagamedov, 2014 World Champion in Judo
- “I Love you, Life” – Mikhailna Lysova, 3-times Paralympic champion and 3-times Silver medalist of Sochi Paralympic Games in Nordic Skiing
- “Second Breath” – Dmitry Kokarev, 3-times European champion and 2-times Silver medalist of the 2014 European Swimming Championships
- “And Life, And Tears, And Love” – Dmitry Lisov, silver medalist of Sochi Paralympic Games in Ice Sledge Hockey and his wife Ekaterina Lisova
- “Power In Will” – Alexey Obydennov, 2-times World Champion in Para-cycling
- “By Personal Example” – Russian National Ice Sledge Hockey team, silver medalist of Sochi Paralympic Games
- “Twist of Fate” – Roman Fedyaev, 2-times World Champion and Bronze medalist in Wheelchair Fencing
- “Overcoming” – Russian National Women Goalball Team, Silver Medalist of the World Championships
- “Return To Life” – 6-times Paralympic Champion in Sochi Paralympic Games.
In conjunction with the Award Ceremony Russian NPC hold the official Opening Ceremony of new head-quarters – first ever in the history of Russian Paralympic Movement, which is completely adopted for persons with disabilities, located in the Moscow City Center, has all necessary facilities for even more successful developing of Paralympic Sport in Russia.
In frames of those events Russian Paralympic Committee organized working session on Developing the Sport for Athletes with High Support Needs with the participation of Presidents of International Organizations of Sport for Disabled and National Paralympic Committees of CIS, Baltic and Eastern Europe countries.
During the working session the presidents of Russian Federation of Sports for Persons with Physical Disabilities, Lev Seleznev and President of the International Wheelchair and Amputee Sport Federation Paul DePace signed the Contract for organization of the 2015 IWAS World Games.
2015 IWAS World Games will be held in Sochi, Russia from September 26 to 3 October, 2015. The competitions will see athletes in athletics, swimming, archery, table tennis, para-taekwondo and armsport.